Welcome

I won't bore you attempting to give a witty synopsis of
myself. I will allow you to form your own..... and when you do, please share =)


Forever Grateful, Stephanie




Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Why do my kids hate sleep??

It's bad enough that my girls fought naps when they were toddlers. It seemed as though they feared they'd miss out on something good if they took a nap or went to bed before the grown ups. Ok, that's normal, I think.

However, now my girls are 11&13 and I'd never dream of asking them to take a nap these days, but why...Oh why do they seem to hate sleep no matter who the sleeper be??

Today was the perfect day to rest and relax. Thunderstorms and nothing on the 'books' all afternoon. So, I let Briley (the only angelic kid that actually enjoys sleep like a normal human) fall asleep on me & as soon as I close my eyes to join her, BOOM. The girls are sitting on my bed.

''Can we watch tv in here''

Well, Fraz is sleeping downstairs so....sure. But, that's not enough...

''mommy, mommy, open your eyes, look at that, you're missing this, look, look!!''

My nap was over before it began :(

Worse yet, as soon as Briley leaves, they suddenly have all types of other things to do now. Yup, it's 330 (aka.. too late for nap time because soon I have to start cooking, showering & getting ready for an evening of cheer time)

So, now I'm wide awake... But, tired & because Briley is gone, my blog entry is complete, my yoga is nothing more than a few sore muscles left for today, I am bored b/c the girls are busy. Couldn't they have been busy during my naptime??

I swear, we need to get this loathing of sleep dissipated soon or this is going to be one very long, overly exhausting summer.

Even poor Briley is suffering from their lack of respect for day time sleep. Last week, she was falling asleep at the dinner table. Her parents were close to sending her to the doctors before I informed them that our usual 2-3 hour naps have been broken up into half hour catnaps throughout the day now!

Oh well, I'm going to close my eyes now & see if my theory stays true. If nothing more, I will have at least solved my boredom problem when the girls 'eyes are closed' alarms go off & they come storming in my room to defeat the sleeping monstrosity!

Wish me luck ;)

No comments: